Not only do we tell you great things to do in Tauranga, we also want to share with you some great places to eat in Tauranga too. First up are some of our favourite pizza places. Everyone has their own favourite local pizza place right so we’ll share ours if you share yours because there’s always more than enough delicious pizza to go around!
Our Top Pizza Spots (so far):
1. First up is The Pizza Library Co based in the heart of the Mount Maunganui and Papamoa East. Described as a dine-in or takeaway handmade gourmet pizza experience The Pizza Library Co is packed full of personality as well as mouth watering pizza treats. With names like Little Women (roast chicken, caramelised onion, cranberry sauce, cream cheese and mozzarella) right through to The Cat in the Hat (spinach, champagne ham, mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes and mozzarella) there’s a flavour sensation awaiting your palette. Grab a cheeky beer or wine and soak in the friendly as atmosphere. The decor makes you feel like you’re sitting in someone’s private Victorian study with less formality but loads more quirks and cheeriness. Celebrating a birthday but forgot the cake? Don’t worry about that; order up a dessert pizza, pop in a candle and everything is sweet as.
2. Now if you’re all about enjoying an authentic pizza experience then all the locals highly recommend Alpinos down Pacific Ave, Mount Maunganui. Their pizzas are a firm favourite with the locals which is always the best sign so make sure you book a table as you don’t want to miss out.
3. Start spreading the word because New York style Sal’s pizza is now in Mount town. Buy by the big slice or the whole slab you can grab a takeaway to enjoy at the beach or Coronation Park across the road or eat in one of the booths and throw on the chilli flakes from the shaker on the tables to heat things up a bit
4. Feeding the masses? Yes Pizza Hut is here too and when you have a whole team to feed or the relies are down for the weekend grab your favourite pizzas here at a great price. Fresh as and from littlies to Nan and Grandad everyone is happy, full to the brim and no dishes to boot.
5. It’s hard to keep everyone happy but when it comes to a wide range, great bases and spicy sauces Hell Pizza is another top spot. From seafood to vegetarian when you need to keep the tribe satisfied there’s plenty of great options. Throw in some hot chips, chicken tenders or even if you want a lamb shank the word on the street is this dish is damn good too.
Do you have a favourite pizza place you like in Tauranga? Let us know because we want to share the love.
P.S If the AirBnB you’re staying at has a pizza oven or you’ve got one at home try this easy to make pizza base and adorn with your favourite toppings – simple and makes for a great night away from the box.
In a large bowl mix together:
2 cups of warm water
1 tablespoon of sugar
1 tablespoon of yeast
Leave for around 10 minutes until it fluffs up and then add
4.5 – 5 cups of plain flour
1 teaspoon of salt
A dollop of oil
Divide dough into 4 and roll away ready to add everyone’s favourite toppings