Make sure you add Tauranga Farmers Market to your list of things to do in Tauranga. You’ll be greeted with a very warm welcome by all the local stallholders who quite rightly so are very proud of their fresh produce and artisan fare and if you hang around long enough for a chat you’ll even get tips on this and that you didn’t even know you needed.
What’s to know about Tauranga Farmers Market:
- Not only is there yummy honey, organic veges, free-range eggs, croissants and french crepes, raw pet food and more – on our last visit we spotted cupcakes and rewa bread. How good is that? Whatever your palette desires – you’re in for a real local treat
- Pick up the free Nourish magazine at the info desk that is full of foodie inspo. Packed full of delicious recipes it’s beautifully written alongside stunning images even if you only flick through it back at your cosy get away pad or home with your feet up it’s well worth a peruse
- Worried about parking? You don’t have to when visiting the Tauranga Farmers Market. Grab a spot along Cameron Rd or 4th Ave and if you’re early enough you can park right outside down 5th Ave
- Don’t forget that some stall holders are still cash only so grab some spending money before you go or you can get cash out at the market for a small fee (around $2.00)
- In the summertime you can lounge around on bright bean bags scattered around the school grounds and in the winter you can perch on one of many picnic tables to rest for a bit and enjoy some local talent
Looking for more things to do in Tauranga after you’ve finished with the market? Elizabeth Street Cafe is just up the road in the ANZ building so you can top up with another good coffee or have yourself a delicious meal.
If you’ve got the kids with you visit Memorial Park and wear them out at the playground situated right on the harbour off Devonport Rd (adjacent to Cameron Rd). There’s a good sized green space too so if you want to have a kick about, throw a frisbee, play good old kiwi “bat and ball” or chuck a rugby ball about, there’s heaps of room to do it.